Sunday 10 June 2007

Submission#2: Take an action self-portrait of what you did this weekend.

But I thought I's surprise you with another entry. I did this as a test shot on Friday night. You see I spent most of Friday night doing some video editing, so this was one of my activities. Interesting thing is that it was still light when I did it. I stopped down so that I could just about make out the back of the mac, then I put a off camera flash on the keyboard pointing up at me. First attempt was way too bright, so I put a page from a reporters notebook curved over the flash head. Hence this picture. Really pleased with it as I've been wanting to do one of these for ages - pity it makes me look so old..

1 comment:

Kate said...

I really like this one; it's nice and moody, and concentrates well on the face. Also, you wouldn't really know flash has been used, which makes it more effective, as it is though the light of the screen is lighting the face. And you don't look old; just concentrating hard!